1. Collection of Personal Information
Cheeky Media collects personal information as a when required to carry out services as requested by you.
2. Use & Disclosure of Personal Information
Cheeky Media will use and disclose your personal information for the purpose for which the personal information was initially collected.
Cheeky Media will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purposes without first obtaining your express or implied consent. Cheeky Media may however be required to disclose your personal information without your consent if the disclosure is:
- required or authorised by law;
- required in order to investigate an unlawful activity;
- required by an enforcement body for investigative activities; or
- necessary to prevent a serious and imminent threat to a person's life, health or safety, or to public health or safety.
3. Personal Information Security
Cheeky Media is committed to keeping your personal information secure, and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse or alteration.
Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents, or electronically on Cheeky Media's software or systems.
Cheeky Media maintains physical security over its paper and electronic data stores, such as locks and security systems. Cheeky Media also maintains computer and network security using passwords to control and restrict access to authorised staff for approved purposes. Where information is particularly sensitive, the information is overwritten and then manually deleted.
4. Access To Personal Information
You may request access to the personal information Cheeky Media holds about you.
The procedure for gaining access is as follows:
All requests for access to your personal information must be made in writing and addressed to the Privacy Officer.
You must provide as much detail as possible regarding the business entity, department or person to whom you believe your personal information has been provided, and when. This will allow Cheeky Media to process your request faster.
Cheeky Media will acknowledge your request within 14 days, and access will usually be granted within 14 days, or if it is more complicated, 30 days. Cheeky Media will inform you if this timeframe is not achievable.
You will be asked to verify your identity.
A fee may apply to such access in the event that a request for access is onerous or time consuming. Such a fee will cover staff costs involved in locating and collating information, and reproduction costs.
Depending on the circumstances, you may be forwarded the information by mail or email, or you may be required to personally inspect your records at the appropriate place.
You will be given the opportunity to correct any personal information which is no longer accurate.
In some circumstances, Cheeky Media may not be in a position to provide access. Such circumstances include where:
- access would create a serious threat to safety;
- providing access will have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals;
- denying access is required or authorised by law;
- the request is frivolous;
- legal proceedings are underway;
- negotiations may be prejudiced by such access; or
- access would reveal a commercially sensitive decision making process.
If Cheeky Media denies access to your personal information, it will provide you with reasons in writing.
5. Changes To This Policy
Cheeky Media may change this Policy from time to time for any reason and will update the Policy accordingly.